Across our NLG community we have skills in all areas of
governance and can provide bespoke consultancy services across the full range of governance competencies.
Here is a flavour of the consultancy services we provide:
- Creating a shared vision, ethos and strategic direction for your school or MAT
- Leading change
- Effective risk management
- Strategic planning and monitoring for governing boards
- Strategic leadership of school improvement
- Setting targets and accountability structures
- Understanding and analysing data
- Headteacher performance management
- CEO performance management
- Chair performance management
- Complaint investigation and management
- Recruiting and retaining governors
- Governance development planning
- Developing an effective governance structure
- Creating and understanding a scheme of delegation
- Forming or joining a MAT
- Readiness for Ofsted
- External Review of Governance
- MAT governance health check
- Local Governing Board review
- Pupil Premium governance review
- Supported self-review of governance
- Governance Skills audit and action plan
- Performance Management of Chairs
We provide a number of standardised consultancy packages. These are
designed for maximum impact at the lowest possible cost to our clients.
External Review of Governance
A thorough review of all key aspects of governance, consisting of the following elements:
- Facilitated self-review
- Paper-based evidence review
- Interviews with headteacher and chair
- Working session with governing body
- Detailed report and improvement plan
- Follow-up visit and ongoing mentoring
MAT governance health check
A supportive process to review the impact and effectiveness of the MAT trust board and governance structures within a MAT.
Local Governing Board review
A service available to MATs to review the effectiveness of their local governing board operations within the scheme of delegation.
Readiness for Ofsted
A workshop session with governors to ensure they are fulfilling all their duties and are ready for an Ofsted inspection.
Pupil Premium Governance
A collaborative process working with the school and governing board to ensure that the governing board can truly hold the school to account for the impact of the Pupil Premium funding.
Governing School Improvement
Strong governance is vital in achieving good school improvement. Agreeing and monitoring school improvement is at the heart of this process. This consultancy service reviews the effectiveness of the governance of school improvement and provides help and guidance on areas for improvement.